Recruitment initiatives for WUUF-FM 1/21/16-1/20/17
Job Fair: WUUF-FM sponsored the Wayne County Job Fair in 2016 including providing Public Service advertising support and having a booth at the Job Fair. Our Local and Regional Sales Managers and General Manager attended this event and interviewed qualified job applicants for all full and part time positions to increase our pool of applicants for future hires.
- We hosted numerous Boy and Girls Scout and other youth tours
- Station personal attended career days at local schools including the WFL Boces Career Day in Williamson and host shadowing days with school to work students.
- We were selected to hire and promoted a summer intern through the N.Y State Broadcasters Association internship program.
Training: We provide the following training to prospective and current employees
- Staff and management attending at least one NY State Broadcaster’s seminar or webinar.
- Sales Staff were provided ongoing sales training thru RAB and other sources including the RAB Certified Radio Marketing Consultant courses.
- Prospective employees for the Board Operators positions were provided training by our Program Director for several weeks prior to them operating the station independently
Web Site Posting: We consistently post upper level job listings online at the N.Y. State Broadcaster’s Assoc. job bank to reach substantial female and minority membership and increase our pool of applicants.
With less than 10 full time employees (6) and operating in a market of under 250,000 (10,000), WUUF has exceeded the minimum standard of participating in (2) outreach programs over a two year period.
Public File Report
Waynco Radio, Inc.
187 Vienna Road
Newark, NY 14513
EEO Program Public File Report
(For period 1/21/16 to 1/20/17
WACK (AM), Newark, NY (Facility ID No. 52123)
WUUF (FM), Sodus, NY (Facility ID No. 71153)
|Full Time Job Title||Date Position Opened||Date Position Filled||Recruitment Source Utilized||Recruitment Source for Each Hire||Number of Persons Interviewed||Recruitment Source for Each Interview|
|Office Mgr||5/2/16||5/21/16||1,2,3,5,8,9,10,11||11|| 4
|| (1)5, (1)10
WAYNCO RADIO, INC
1420 WACK AM
103.5 BIG DOG COUNTRY FM
SOURCE #1 (Org)
Company Name: New York State Dept Of Labor
Address: 1519 Nye Rd, Ste 601 Lyons, NY 14489
Phone: 315-946-7258 Fax: 315-946-7271
SOURCE #2: (ORG)
Company Name: Wayne FL Boces
Address: 131 Drumlin Court, Eisenhower Bldg, New, NY 14513
Contact: Donna Schaertl
Phone: 315-332-7255 Fax: 315-332-7425
SOURCE #3: (Internet)
Company Name: New York State Broadcasters Assoc.
Address: 1805 Western Ave., Albany, NY 12203
Contact: Dick Novik
Phone: 518-456-8888 Fax: 518-456-8943
SOURCE #4 (Internet)
Company Name: All-About Country
Phone: 800-310-9702 Fax:
SOURCE #6 (Newspaper)
Company Name: Rochester Democrat & Chronicle
Address: 55 Exchange Blvd, Rochester, NY
Contact: Help Wanted Dept.
SOURCE # 7 (Newspaper)
Company name: Fingerlakes Times
Address: 208 Genesee St., Geneva, NY
Contact: Help Wanted Dept
SOURCE #8 (College)
Company Name: Fingerlakes Community College
Address: 4355 Lakeshore Dr., Canandaigua, NY 14424
Contact: Dr. Barbara Risser Pres.
Phone: 585-394-FLCC Fax: 585-394-5005
FLCC-Wayne County Campus
Contact: Laila Palioti
Radio/TV Dept FLTV
SOURCE #9 (College)
Company Name: Monroe Community college
Address: 1000 E. Henrietta, Rochester, NY 14623
Contact Chairperson AV Dept. Lori Moses
SOURCE #11 (Internet)
Company Name: Craig’s List